In 2006 the Emirate of Qatar on the Persian Gulf was the host for the Asian Games, an Olympic-level competition for the countries of the Asian region. For this major event with over 10,500 athletes, an efficient communication system for organizers and security forces was essential. Our high-performance TETRA mobile radio system provided the perfect solution and replaced a limited analog radio network.
Since the Asian Games finished, the operator Ooredoo (formerly Qatar Telecom, Qtel) has continued to use the operator model of our rugged system for voice and data communication. With over 27,000 registered subscribers, our powerful solution is the world's first commercially used nationwide TETRA mobile radio system.
Our mobile radio solution in detail
Our user-orientated mobile radio system ACCESSNET®-T IP comprises six switching nodes. 100 basestations are connected to these nodes in a ring configuration. The comprehensive network management system provides efficient network monitoring even with high network utilization. In addition, Ooredoo profits from the straightforward, quick administration of users.
Extensive redundancy functions guarantee a high degree of reliability: Thus redundant network connections, control channels and additional geographical redundancy for the switching ensure continuous radio operation.
A strength of our solution is the convenient integration of different applications. Customers are completely independent on the usage of the mobile radio system as well as on the selection of applications. They profit in particular from the high degree of adaptability of our mobile radio system: Some user groups are assigned dedicated applications via the multifunctional A-CAPI® application interface. The largest user group, Doha International Airport, uses dedicated dispatchers and voice recorders, for instance.
Highlights of our solution
- Very flexible, nationwide TETRA system with very high network capacity
- Fully integrated network management system
- Maximum stability due to highly redundant system design
- Flexible integration and configuration of applications via the multifunctional A-CAPI® interface
- Continuous availability during the system software upgrade and other extensions
- Very high degree of adaptability of the system at the lowest level
- Support provided by the Hytera TETRA Center of Competence in Bad Münder, Germany